Friday, August 23, 2013

Call me "Build-it-Barbie!"

I have wanted to organize my small percussion instruments in a different way for years and today was the day!  I finally found what I've been looking for...and, the best part, you ask?  I was able to build them all by myself!!!  Lol...of course, not without a silly story...in true totally-tuned-in fashion.
But first...pictures!
 
Before 
 
During construction:
 
 
And....finally...after!!!

Voila!!!  What do you think?!?  I am so incredibly excited to get back into school on Monday during our non-directed teacher day...And organize the instruments into the drawers.  And I am sure I will have room for other things!  But my question for you all...how should I label these drawers???  Hmmmm.  They look so nice just plain and simple...but I feel like I will absolutely need to put in place a system for the kids to find things in the music room!  Lol...can u imagine if I said..."oh, go look in the purple drawer" to a student???  It would take forever!  Soooo...help!  Any ideas welcome!  

3 comments:

  1. I've seen teachers laminate labels, hole punch them and tie them onto the handles...just a thought :) Love the organization!

    Kimberly
    The Learning Tree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kimberly! I can't wait to get them labeled so I know what in the world is inside of them - lol! Great idea! Once they're done, I'll post another picture. Your page is inspiring - thanks for the great ideas you share!
    "Sing"-cerely,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know I finally posted pics of the finished product!!! I found labels, laminated, hole punched and used rings to attach them to the drawers! Yay! Pics in newest post if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete

01