Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A funny moment - not teaching related - just me related!

Sometimes, the most ridiculous things happen to me. I'm taking a class this week and it's at another school in my district. (BTW - it's iPad Core training and it is EXCELLENT so far.) 
During my class, I had to use the restroom and as I was in there, the lights go out. Ok - so no big deal, right - they're motion sensored. Clap on! Clap off! LOL - nope...complete and utter PITCH BLACK in there. I mean - PITCH BLACK DARKNESS. No windows. And it's a H...UGE long bathroom -I've been in there maybe once??? I have to find my way OUT! First, I can't find the slide-lock on the stall...where is it? Where is IT?!?! I start to panic b/c I want OUT of this germ-filled space. I get out, and I teeeeeeny-tiny-Frankenstein-step-by-step-with-my-arms-straight-out-in-front-of-me to find my way to where I think the door may be...the whole time my eyes peeled WIDE, I can't see a thing, and I'm thinking "Get. Me. Out. Of. HERE!" (And wimpering, btw!) Right as I open the door, the frikken lights go back on and I swear I yell, "You BASTARD!" to noone in particular. I then run back in to wash my hands as fast as lightning and have to compose myself to walk back into my class and act like, "Oh yeah, I can pay attention now...even though I just had a traumatic experience in a bathroom at school!" And now I laugh about it thinking...only me.
 
So - I had to share this moment, just because this is one of those things that seem to happen to me...and happen often enough that I swear I am being followed by "Candid Camera" or some kind of "the joke's on you" type of reality show. Of course, at the time of it happening, there is no laughing, it is NOT funny, I can't believe it's happening, I'm flipping out...but after the fact, I have to laugh and can't stop telling the story because I know there have to be people who can just picture this in their minds (especially if you know me - lol!!!) and shake their heads saying, "OF COURSE, this kind of thing would happen to you!"  haahahaha!!!  
 
Thank you for reading my "Funny-but-not-funny" story of the day.  I am sure I'll have more to come in the future - knowing me.  Next post, will be teaching related...hahaha...well, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

01